Saturday, July 14, 2012

FREE Clothes, What's Not to Love?




This is where I've recently been picking up all sorts of thrift-store-esque clothing, at a price which actually fits my broke college girl budget, FREE.



Although I look like I'm somewhere far away in this picture, in possible a third world country, I'm actually on Martha's Vineyard, a small island off of the coast of Massachusetts...holding my new FREE clothes. I'm the sixth generation of my family to be spending my summers here, and its one of my favorite places in the world.

This photo was taken at the dump. Yep, the place where the garbage goes. Behind me is a small building, run by volunteers, which houses usable items such as clothing, books, shoes, etc. These items are FREE (can you tell this is exciting?) and available to the public, as long as you leave the hangers and smile and say thanks before you leave. Its a diamond in the rough if you, like me, are looking for some old clothes to refashion. And where can you find anything at a better price? Its the perfect situation for a broke college fashion girl like myself.

Its usually busy on the weekends, but I never leave empty handed. It's amazing what can be done with a few discarded items of clothing! The before and afters are soon to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment